Candidate will be part of the IT storage operations team to install, support, maintain, and monitor the IT Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure for reliability and up time.Include, but are not limited to, installation, maintenance, and support of our enterprise SAN and backup/recovery environments.
Provide guidance and expertise for our storage and backup systems including:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, management and operational support of large complex storage and backup and recovery systems and their related systems.
- Architecting, implementing and maintaining complex enterprise SANs, fiber channel, and data backup and iSCSI recovery systems, primarily those from NetApp, Symantec NetBackup, VMware, DataDomain, EMC, and BMC.
- In collaboration with other architecture and engineering teams (System Engineering, Database Administration, Network Services and Application Development), analyze and design enterprise storage systems used for Customer Data Management, high transaction database processing, and storage. Manage the subsequent implementation, documentation and maintenance of said systems.
- Working with other IT staff, Project Management Office, and business units gather, analyze and translate business requirements into a solution design for new installations or upgrades to existing platforms.
- Design, implementation, management and operational support of data availability and retention systems such as server and SAN based backups and an enterprise level backup solution.
- Strong time management, as well as organizational and communication (written and oral) skills are required.
- Knowledge of data/system replication technologies (EMC, NetApp, VMware).
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing clients requirements, recommending solutions, and assisting sales and other engineers with development of proposals ,quotations, and presentations.
- Responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business.
Identifies opportunities and is able to provide the following expertise:
- Product selection
- Product configuration
- Product sizing
- Conducts advanced and complex solution architecture - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, and makes recommendations.
- Serves as subject matter expert on processes and products in area of responsibility.
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of products
- Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral.
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Adviser. Serves as focal point for communications between both department engineers and clients, when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties.
- Conducts site surveys and performs IT environment assessments.
- Provides practice specific architecture designs and sizing documentation.
- Provides high level product demonstrations
Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of a program, project or function, including developing short and long-range goals, objectives and budgets, coordinating activities with other departments and agencies, overseeing records maintenance ,monitoring budgets, approving, and monitoring expenditures, overseeing reporting requirements, evaluating program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness; ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input. This includes:
- Development and review of product configurations
- Development of ROI and TCO analysis
- Performs capacity planning
- Preparation of sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Performance of overall solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables.
- Hitachi SAN Administration
- EMC SAN Administration JD (HDS)
- Hitachi VSP, HUS/VM Storage.Hitachi Universal Replicator. Shadow Image In-system replications and COW snapshot technologies Storage provisioning, LUN Management,allocation/De-Allocation of LUNs on multiple OS Performance management and volume management.
- Manage AMS Arrays using Storage Navigator Modular 2 tool Vendor management in fixing the critical/Major issues and upgrades.
- Brocade & Zoning Secondary Skill (knowledge on XIV).Storage System logical architecture and concepts knowledge Strong IBM XIV Gen2/Gen3 Storage System Hardware parallelism and grid architecture XIV Storage System virtualization Knowledge XIV GUI and XCLI knowledge Storage pools/Volumes/LUN allocation and thin provisioning Snapshot/CG group experience Host creation/addition and mapping IBM replication technology ,Disaster recovery and Multitenancy knowledge in XIV Scripts knowledge to use on XVLI Performance monitoring experience Third party storage to XIV storage migration knowledge.